We work on behalf of Community Pharmacy Surrey and Community Pharmacy Sussex to represent, support and develop just under 500 NHS community pharmacy contractors.
In 2018 the, then three, LPCs in Surrey and Sussex LPCs combined forces to set up a central administration and operations function to help support contractors more effectively and better meet the expectations of external NHS stakeholders and other local organisations.
Our constituent LPCs remain the legal entities but the new overarching team uses the trading name ‘Community Pharmacy Surrey & Sussex’ and all communications and business is delivered through our central office.
Community Pharmacy Surrey & Sussex is a mechanism to allow more effective collaboration between LPCs, pool resources and share costs as well as implementing initiatives of shared interest in common areas. It is governed by the CPSS Executive Committee, which comprises of the Chair, Vice-Chair and Treasurer from each LPC. Here’s our organisational chart.
A collaboration agreement was drawn up between the two LPCs to ensure that each committee did not lose its status or powers (as set out in their constitutions and in the NHS Act). The collaboration Agreement gives delegated authority to the CPSS Executive Committee from the two LPCs to monitor the operational effectiveness of Community Pharmacy Surrey & Sussex, including holding the Chief Executive Officer to account for the organisations performance.
Lead by the Chief Executive Officer, Community Pharmacy Surrey & Sussex daily work is managed by an executive staff team.
Read LPC in the Spotlight, a CPE case study about our journey and 2019 follow up report LPC Focus: Creating a federated administrative structure CPSS.
Click on a heading below for more information.
- Julia Powell, Chief Executive Officer. Connect @CPSS_LPCs | Twitter
- Marie Hockley, Deputy Chief Officer
- Simran Johal, Service Development & Support Lead
- Micky Cassar, Business Administrator
Are you on Twitter? Look out for us @CPSS_LPCs
- Contact us at email@example.com
The work of Community Pharmacy Surrey & Sussex is overseen by the CPSS Executive Committee, which comprises of the Chair, Vice-Chair and Treasurer from Community Pharmacy Sussex and Community Pharmacy Surrey. They have delegated authority from the two LPCs (described in a collaboration agreement), to monitor the operational effectiveness of Community Pharmacy Surrey & Sussex, including holding the Chief Executive Officer to account for the organisations performance.
- The committee meets quarterly. A copy of their 23-24 forward committee plan can be found here.
- Committee minutes are available on request.
- Committee Agendas:
- 23/24: Agenda June 2023 / Agenda Oct 2023 /
- 22/23: Agenda April 2022 / Agenda June 2022 / Agenda September 2022 / Agenda January 2023 / Agenda March 2023
- 21/22: Agenda June 2021 / Agenda October 2021 / Agenda January 2022 /
- Copies of accounts, financial statements and annual reports are incorporated into the annual reports of each LPC and can be found here.
Our business as usual operation plan and budget for 2023-24 is available below.
- Surrey & Sussex LPCs collaboration agreement view here.
- Scheme of delegation, CPSS Executive Committee view here.
- Corporate Governance Statement view here.
- CPSS Expense Policy view here.
- Health and Safety Policy view here.
- Minute Taking Policy view here.
- How to feedback or complain.
- For copies of our employment procedures, whistle-blowing and other general internal policies, please contact us by email at: LPC@communitypharmacyss.co.uk.
Every week we aim to distribute a news-round-up to NHS community pharmacy contractors in Surrey & Sussex with information about what’s happening in politics, education and training for community pharmacists across Surrey and Sussex and share all the exciting innovations that are happening to transform our sector.
Pharmacy is changing
We send LPC communications and newsletters to contractors NHS Mail addresses. We can send to personal email accounts too, but you must tell us if you want us to do this by registering your details with us. Sign up here and urge everyone else in your pharmacy team to sign up too.
See our news pages.
- Sign up to receive our regular newsletters.
- Our news round-ups: distribution dates, archive and instructions for contributors.
- Sign up to receive news from CPE – we strongly recommend all contractors in Surrey & Sussex do this.
- Download and read the CPSS Review of the Year 2020-21. Note this document is A4 landscape, so you may need to use the + and – icons on your pdf reader to adjust what you see on your screen.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Are you on Twitter? Look out for us @CPSS_LPCs
- Media enquiries only to: 07483 176893