Welcome to our website
We are the unified local voice for the three local pharmaceutical committees (LPCs) in Surrey, East Sussex and West Sussex. We work with NHS England Area Teams, Local Authorities, CCGs and other healthcare professionals to help plan healthcare services. We negotiate and discuss pharmacy services with commissioners and give advice to community pharmacy contractors and others wanting to know more about the 515 local pharmacies across Sussex and Surrey.
Here you will find a comprehensive list of advice, hints, tips and links to help you manage your NHS contract.
We always send our newsletters and regular mailings to pharmacy NHS mail accounts. However, we recognise that our news is relevant to all pharmacy staff, not just the person who opens the emails! So urge all team members to sign up to receive our news.
What do you want raised at your next LPC meeting?
Your Local Pharmaceutical Committee is meeting in February and they would like to raise and discuss issues that concern you. If you have anything you would like raised at this meeting please complete the survey monkey link below. LPC meetings are open to observers and we especially encourage community pharmacy contractors and their team members to join us and find out what we do. Should you wish to attend an LPC meeting as an observer in person or by video, this needs to be pre-arranged. Email us at: LPC@communitypharmacyss.co.uk.
Review Steering Group (RSG) update
The Review Steering Group (RSG) has published its proposals. Contractors can visit the RSG website to read the full proposals (a summary is also available). The contractor vote (one vote per contractor) will begin end of May 2022 (date to follow), with the results announced in June 2022.
Community Pharmacy Surrey & Sussex Pharmacy Event!
Community Pharmacy Surrey & Sussex are hosting a pharmacy event on Sunday the 18th of September 2022. This event is open to all community pharmacy…
Independent Pharmacy Awards – New categories
The Independent Pharmacy Awards has two new categories this year and we’d love you or someone you know to enter: Locum of the Year This…
June Bank Holiday Pharmacy opening hours
The June pharmacy Bank Holiday opening hours have been circulated by NHS England and NHS Improvement South East Region. To view the Surrey pharmacy opening…
RSG proposals now published and upcoming briefing events available
The Pharmacy Review Steering Group (RSG) proposals on the future of the representation and support provided by PSNC and LPCs have now been published on…
Kamsons Pharmacy visited by Sir Peter Bottomley, MP
Kamsons Pharmacy, in Goring, Worthing, West Sussex hosted a visit with Sir Peter Bottomley, MP for Worthing West on Friday 29th April where he met…
- If an emergency situation means a pharmacy needs to close for a short period, there are actions a contractor needs to undertake to ensure patients […]
- NHS England has informed PSNC that there is currently (5th August 2022) an IT system outage with the Adastra system, used by many NHS 111 […]
- Following applications made by PSNC to the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) and the NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA), a further 28 new products […]
- PSNC entered negotiations on the Community Pharmacy Contractual Framework (CPCF) for 2022/23 with NHS England (NHSE) and the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) […]
- National Patient Safety Alert: Class 1 Medicines Recall Notification: Mexiletine hydrochloride 50mg, 100mg & 200 mg Hard Capsules (Clinigen Healthcare Ltd)National Patient Safety Alert: Class 1 Medicines Recall Notification: Recall of Mexiletine hydrochloride 50mg, 100mg and 200 mg Hard Capsules, Clinigen Healthcare Ltd, due to […]
- Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) has issued a medicine supply notification for Aripiprazole 10mg tablets. MSN/2022/066 Tier 2 – medium impact Date of […]