Welcome to our website
We are the unified local voice for the three local pharmaceutical committees (LPCs) in Surrey, East Sussex and West Sussex. We work with NHS England Area Teams, Local Authorities, CCGs and other healthcare professionals to help plan healthcare services. We negotiate and discuss pharmacy services with commissioners and give advice to community pharmacy contractors and others wanting to know more about the 515 local pharmacies across Sussex and Surrey.
Here you will find a comprehensive list of advice, hints, tips and links to help you manage your NHS contract.
We always send our newsletters and regular mailings to pharmacy NHS mail accounts. However, we recognise that our news is relevant to all pharmacy staff, not just the person who opens the emails! So urge all team members to sign up to receive our news.
What do you want raised at your next LPC meeting?
Your Local Pharmaceutical Committee is meeting in February and they would like to raise and discuss issues that concern you. If you have anything you would like raised at this meeting please complete the survey monkey link below. LPC meetings are open to observers and we especially encourage community pharmacy contractors and their team members to join us and find out what we do. Should you wish to attend an LPC meeting as an observer in person or by video, this needs to be pre-arranged. Email us at: LPC@communitypharmacyss.co.uk.
Review Steering Group (RSG) update
The Review Steering Group (RSG) has published its proposals. Contractors can visit the RSG website to read the full proposals (a summary is also available). The contractor vote (one vote per contractor) will begin end of May 2022 (date to follow), with the results announced in June 2022.
Community Pharmacy Surrey & Sussex Pharmacy Event!
Community Pharmacy Surrey & Sussex are hosting a pharmacy event on Sunday the 18th of September 2022. This event is open to all community pharmacy…
Independent Pharmacy Awards – New categories
The Independent Pharmacy Awards has two new categories this year and we’d love you or someone you know to enter: Locum of the Year This…
June Bank Holiday Pharmacy opening hours
The June pharmacy Bank Holiday opening hours have been circulated by NHS England and NHS Improvement South East Region. To view the Surrey pharmacy opening…
RSG proposals now published and upcoming briefing events available
The Pharmacy Review Steering Group (RSG) proposals on the future of the representation and support provided by PSNC and LPCs have now been published on…
Kamsons Pharmacy visited by Sir Peter Bottomley, MP
Kamsons Pharmacy, in Goring, Worthing, West Sussex hosted a visit with Sir Peter Bottomley, MP for Worthing West on Friday 29th April where he met…
- The General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) has today published new resources to help pharmacists and pharmacy technicians to fulfil their professional responsibility to be open and […]
- Pharmacy contractors are reminded that, from July 2022 (for the dispensing month of June 2022), all new prescription returns/referred back items and disallowed items will […]
- A new tool has been launched to help community pharmacy contractors update their pharmacy’s details in the NHS 111 Directory of Services (DoS) and on […]
- CLMR number: CLMR (22)A/05 Date issued: 22nd June 2022 The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) has issued a company-led drug recall for: Linoforce […]
- MPs from across the political spectrum called for increased funding for community pharmacy in a parliamentary debate held yesterday (21st June), on the future of community pharmacies. Peter […]
- From August 2022 (for July 2022 prescriptions), pharmacy contractors will no longer need to print and submit a paper copy of their completed FP34C declaration […]