To community pharmacies
We process your personal data (as well as your community pharmacy data), for example, your name, address, contact details and appropriate information for payment of the levy, to:
Represent and support you, as provided by the LPC constitution
- providing information to you on, for example, training events, news, services, regulatory issues, best practice and patient safety;
- providing your details, as appropriate, to NHS England, NHS Business Services Authority, Primary Care Support England, Commissioners of NHS services, the Pharmaceutical Services Negotiating Committee, those who assist management of the LPC and other organisations for mutual support and advice.
We hold your information for as long as advised by the NHS or, if you are with a community pharmacy or connected with a contractor in Surrey and Sussex, or for a longer period if you request us to do so for a specific reason, (to assist us in assuring this is the case, please ensure you or your pharmacy advise us of any changes as soon as possible).
You have a right to a copy of the information we hold about you, generally without charge. You may seek to correct any inaccurate information. For further information or to make a request, please contact us using the details below.
We process your personal data in the performance of a task in the public interest, for the provision of healthcare and treatment and for health data, for the management of healthcare systems. An appropriate person is responsible for the confidentiality of your data. You may object to us holding your information. You may also lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF, also see www.ico.org.uk
Your information is stored on our servers located in the United Kingdom. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorised access and disclosure.
External Third Parties
- Advo Group, based in the UK, who provide payroll processing services.
- Eventbrite, based in the US, who provide ticketing and registration platform for event attendees.
- Google Analytics, based in the US, who provide anonymised website usage data analytics.
- Google Ads, based in the US, who provide website advertising services based on your interactions with our website.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities acting as processors or joint controllers based in the United Kingdom who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- Mailchimp, based in the US, who provide a marketing automation platform and email marketing service.
- PayPal, based in Luxembourg, who provide payment processing services.
- QuickBooks, based in the US, who provide an accounting software package.
- Survey Monkey, based in the US, who provide services in connection with surveying members.
- Zoom, based in the US, who provide webinar services for event attendees.
Visiting Our Website
In most cases there are no industry standard options for disabling cookies without completely disabling the functionality and features they add to this site. It is recommended that you leave on all cookies if you are not sure whether you need them or not in case they are used to provide a service that you use.
You can prevent the storing of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser’s “Help” function for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
LPC members only area login, if appropriate
removed or cleared when you log out to ensure that you can only access restricted features and areas when logged in.
When you submit data through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence and/or to identify spam submissions.
Third Party Cookies
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site
Chief Executive Officer
Community Pharmacy Surrey & Sussex
The White House, 18 Church Street, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 8BB
Next revision in May 2022