Targeted Lung Heath Check (TLHC) Pilot Service- Currently only live in certain areas (Brighton and Hove)
- The Targeted Lung Health Check service invites patients via letter aged 55-74 registered with their GP to discuss their lung health
- The TLHC team state a time and date they will phone the patient and ask them questions about their lifestyle, if required the patient will be invited for a lung scan to check for early signs of lung cancer at a designated van
- If the patient is a smoker, they will be referred directly to a community pharmacy registered to participate in this pilot service
- This service has been designed to enable NHS TLHC screening services to send an electronic referral to a community pharmacy of their choice to initiate or continue their smoking cessation treatment, including providing medication and support as required.
- The ambition is for referral to community pharmacy to create additional capacity in the smoking cessation pathway.
- Referrals will come from the InHealth team delivering the low dose CT scans
- Consenting patients will be referred
- All practices in PCN are aware that this is the route for patients to access smoking cessation
- The service moves through PCNs on a surgery-by-surgery basis as directed within the Pilot
- Aligned with prevention services (including other Pharmacy Integration Pilots)
- Very similar model to the Advanced SCS National service. There is a designated electronic referral route and a designated email address to return the patient outcome data
Please view the Launch webinar here.
Please view the Launch slides here.
Please contact LPC@communitypharmacyss.co.uk if you would like more information or are a pharmacy that is participating and need support.