FULLY FUNDED Health Champion training – up to three places per pharmacy in Sussex and Surrey
20th April 2021
Opportunity to receive FULLY FUNDED Health Champion training
The Health Education England (HEE) South East Schools of Public Health and the HEE South School of Pharmacy are working with the South East LPCs in offering fully funded Health Champion training provided by the award-winning HLP specialists Pharmacy Complete.
Why is this important to you?
Being a Healthy Living Pharmacy (HLP) and meeting all the criteria is an essential requirement of the community pharmacy contractual framework from 1st January 2021. All pharmacies must complete and maintain the HLP requirements. Every HLP requires a minimum of a full-time-equivalent (minimum 35 hours) qualified Health Champion who has attained the Royal Society for Public Health’s Level 2 Award in Understanding Health Improvement.
Many pharmacies have also trained more if not all of their patient-facing team with this knowledge and skills to ensure that the HLP ethos is embedded and practised across all the team. This means that even if you already meet the minimum criteria, you can still use this opportunity to train more of your team.
Who should become a Health Champion?
The Health Champion role should be undertaken by a member or members of the public-facing healthcare team, usually a Healthcare or Medicines Counter Assistant. Some pharmacies train all their healthcare team with this knowledge and skills.
What conditions are there for the funded course?
- Up to THREE Health Champion learners per pharmacy – NEW
- Training and assessment should be completed within 8 weeks of receipt of workbook (unless mitigating circumstances)
- If an individual does not pass the RSPH assessment, then they can retake with a cost of £37 + VAT to the contractor pharmacy
- Should there be a breach of invigilation requirements, then the candidate can retake their assessment. The contractor pharmacy will be charged £52.00 + VAT for this retake
- The number of funded courses available is capped based on the number of contractors in each LPC area on a first come, first served approach
- This opportunity is only for contractors in these LPC areas: Buckinghamshire, Community Pharmacy South Central, Kent, Community Pharmacy Surrey and Sussex, and Pharmacy Thames Valley.
Where can I find out more and enrol a learner?
More information and the online enrolment form can be found on the programme webpage available HERE.